HOW DO I PLACE A ORDER
you can now easily and safely get an estimation, place an order and purchase goods through our new online service. Shop with peace of mind and be assured that our site is operated using a highly secure payment system. Any personal information given will be used only by us to process your order. All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed and are only decrypted after they reach our computer.
They are not held in clear text on any website. We will seek to verify all card transactions against the cardholders address. We cannot process any card payments over the telephone unless the card is registered to the delivery address.
We accept VISA, Master Card, Debit Cards and Personal Cheques. Alternatively, you can telephone us on:
0208 – 720 – 6799
Fax us on
0203 – 475 – 8376
or post your order to us.
With card payments over the phone, due to our method of Address Verification, we are only able to deliver to the cardholder’s address. Online orders may be placed to alternative delivery address, but only if the online card payment is in full and the card passes a 3D Secure check such as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Full payment must be made before any items will be delivered.
If the order is being delivered to the cardholders address please send a 20% deposit or full payment with a written order giving full details (sketches and all relevant dimensions in mm) of the items you require as viewed from the outside. Please leave your telephone number and state a convenient time for us to contact you to confirm details and arrange delivery. Confirmation of your order will be forwarded to you.
Our office opening hours are:
• Monday to Friday: 09:00-18:00
• Saturday: 09:00-17:00
• Most Bank Holidays: 09:00-17:00
• Sunday: closed
Our collection hours are:
Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Where do you deliver to?
This site delivers products to mainland England & Wales.
We delivery to all of the following counties in mainland England and Wales:
Avon, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon,Dorset, Durham, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Huntingdonshire, Kent, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Middlesex, London, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Warwickshire, Wiltshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire North Riding, East Riding , West Riding.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Shortly after you place your order, our dispatch department will contact you to arrange a suitable delivery date with you. In order to keep our costs (and therefore our prices) down, we operate a multi-drop delivery system and are not able to give a delivery time.
Delivery turnaround for lyca windows ltd windows and doors is typically 2-3weeks, but please contact our estimating department on 0208-720-6799 for up to date information.
Do I need to be present on the day of delivery to receive my goods?
We deliver to your Kerbside. Please ensure that someone is available all day, on the day of delivery who is capable of assisting the driver in unloading and checking the goods when they arrive. If there is not someone there present to receive the goods a re-delivery charge will be applied.
How much does delivery cost?
As we complete the manufacture of your uPVC Windows and Doors at our factory, England, we base the delivery charge on the distance to your required location from there. So, the nearer you are to our base the cheaper the delivery charge will be. The delivery charge is broken down into simple to understand delivery bands – Click here for more details.
If your order value (excluding delivery) is more than £1200, then delivery won’t cost you a penny – we’ll deliverit for free. If you live within appx 35 miles of our factory you will pay as little as £29.99. The further away you are, the higher the delivery charge will be.
If you have the necessary transport, we are more than happy to arrange for you to col lect your order from our factory and you won’t have to pay for delivery at all – it will be free. You can collect your order Monday-Friday anytime between 9a.m.-5p.m., excluding Bank Holidays.
Can I change/cancel my order or return goods?
Orders will only be acceptable and binding in writing. Should you change the details of the order once we have commenced the manufacturing process, we reserve the right to make a charge for reasonable costs involved as each item is bespoke. As all windows and doors are manufactured to your specific requirements, your order cannot be cancelled unless we are in breach of our obligations to you.
A £40.00 administration fee will be charged for amending confirmed orders after they have been transferred to our Production Department, further charges will apply if physical production of the items has already begun. We will repair or replace any goods as a result of defective materials or manufacture.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected. We also reserve the right, in agreement with you, to request an Independent Inspection of any suspect goods, or to carry out a mutually agreed inspection to identify whether the goods have been properly installed, used, maintained, stored or serviced.
We reserve the right to make a charge to cover any reasonable costs if the goods have not been properly used or installed.
PVCu Profile White:10 years as per lyca windows Ltd. statement below in italics. PVCu Profile Laminated: 5 years as per lyca windows Ltd. statement below in italics. lyca windows limited undertakes to warrant their PVCu window and door profiles for a period of:
10 years with respect to colour stability, shape retention, impact strength retention and resistance against attack from salt laden atmosphere, cement mortars, and certain other materials used in house construction.
5 years with respect to adhesion to laminate, shape retention, and impact strength retention. Laminate profile is very heat absorbent and is therefore not suitable for sunny or warm locations. Please consider this when surveying your installation.
5 years against condensation inside the sealed unit, please follow our glazing instructions to ensure the correct installation of the sealed units.
1 year against failure in operation. Please follow the service instructions in the leaflet ‘Looking after your Investment’.
Panel Products: White:
5 years against discolouration.
(Laminate) panels are very heat absorbent and are therefore not suitable for sunny or warm locations. Please consider this when surveying your installation.
What happens if there’s a problem with my new windows and doors?
• Firstly, please check your windows and/or doors before you remove any existing ones, to make sure everything is as you ordered it and that the specification is correct. It may take a few minutes, but once you remove any old frames you’re past the point of no return.
• Remember to check that everything opens and works properly, that you’re happy with the standard of the sealed glass units and that there are no imperfections in the glass – it can help to hold items up to the light . We will have already fully checked them before they leave our factory, so unless something has happened in transit they should be perfect.
• Make sure you read the Installation Instructions in full and make sure that you have all the necessary tools and fixings to complete the job.
• If you think you have a problem, send an email to our Customer Services department including details of your invoice number and the details of your query.
• Our Customer Services department may need to re-contact you if they need more details or questions to fully understand your query.
• If a genuine problem is established, Dunster House will pick up the item/s and bring them back in to
our factory for inspection, where they will be repaired or replaced, as necessary.
• If we aren’t able to find any problem we’ll organise to drop the products back out to you. Unfortunately, there will be a charge for the collection and re-delivery in the event that no problem isfound.
• As we make all of our windows and/or doors to measure, we aren’t in a position to just send a replacement out without establishing there is a genuine problem.
• We manufacture all our goods to a commercial standard and check against this standard when products are sent out and if they are returned to us.
• So in summary, we check them before we deliver them to you , you check them before you fit them and if there’s a problem we’ll bring them back in to inspect and replace if necessary. Simple!
THE GLASS & GLAZING FEDERATIONS (GGF) VISUAL QUALITY STANDARD FOR GLASS
A totally flawless piece of glass is very rare. If you look enough at any piece of glass, you will almost certainly find a minor blemish. The question that has to be answered is, is the flaw or mark of such a nature that it spoils the appearance of the window. In an attempt to help resolve what can be a contentious issue, the Glass and Glazing Federation has
devised the following test to enable both customer and glazing companies to examine glass against
HOW TO DO A PROFESSIONAL CHECK
Stand in the room no less than 2 metres away from the IGU and look directly through them.
• For toughened, laminated or coated glasses, stand no less than 3 metres away.
• Do so in natural daylight, but not directly towards the sun and with no visible moisture on the surface of the glass.
• Where it is not possible to stand at the right distance then stand as far away as you can from the IGU.
• Exclude 50mm wide band around the edge of the glass from the check.
• Glass must be viewed at 90 degrees to the window.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VIEWED AS DESCRIBED
Flat transparent glass, including laminated, toughened (tempered) or coated glass (low ‘E’) is acceptable if the following are neither obtrusive nor bunched:
• Bubbles or blisters
• Fine scratches not more than 25mm long
• Minute particles The obtrusiveness of blemishes is judged by looking through the glass, not at it, under natural light. It must be understood that the glass used in double glazing is a processed glass, and so as a consequence, blemishes are to be expected. Insulating glass units with optical defects such as smears, fingerprints or other dirt on the cavity faces of the glass, or extraneous material in the cavity are unacceptable, except in some cases where small particles of desiccant can be seen.
Toughened glass may show visual distortions which are accentuated by reflections in double glazing. Such surface colourations and patterns do not indicate a change in physical performance. Low emissivity coating may produce transient visual effects.
In some lighting conditions the coating may look like a transparent film or produce a haze, ie a cloudy look to the surface. When light coloured objects such as net curtains are placed close to the glazing they may look slightly darker.
We only sell high quality uPVC Energy Saving Windows
Why buy energy rated windows?
We only sell fully tested and certified energy rated windows that we produce. The Window Energy Rating System, based on a scale of A to G, aims to distinguish which windows are the most energy efficient. Generally, certified energy efficient windows have a number of key benefits:
• Increased insulation improves heat retention, helping keep your property warm
• Greater heat retention will help reduce your energy consumption and your energy costs
Are higher rated windows worth the money?
In a perfect world, all homes & buildings would be built of the most energy efficient materials, in order to conserve the worlds resources and to have the lowest environmental impact. Unfortunately, unless you live or work in a very recently built property this is very unlikely to be the case.
The development, use and cost of ‘A’ rated thermally efficient glass, for most properties, is unlikely to make any significant impact on energy reduction, compared to the ‘C’ rated glass we sell. It generally will also cost you between 10-20% more. Significant additional energy efficiency in a property is only really achievable if you are able to improve the insulation of your walls, roof and floors, which is where most of the heat dissipates through.
So we’d advise you to save money on the glass that you buy and spend it where you would get a greater return on your investment.